1 part per million (ppm) =
- one drop of water diluted into 50 liters
- 32 seconds out of a year
- one inch in 16 miles
- one second in 11.5 days
- one minute in two years
- one car in bumper-to-bumper traffic from Cleveland to San Francisco
What Does 1 ppm Look Like?
1 part per hundred =
- one 'drop' of water diluted into (one teaspoonful)
- fifteen minutes out of one day
1 part per trillion (ppt) =
- one drop of water diluted into 20 Olympic-size swimming pools
- three seconds out of every hundred thousand years
Need a virtual assistant for content writing and other projects?
Check out my writing sample portfolio then email me.
1 part per billion (ppb) =
- one drop of water diluted into 250 chemical drums (50 m3)
- three seconds out of a century
- one silver dollar in roll stretching from Detroit to Salt Lake City
- one sheet in a roll of toilet paper stretching from New York to London
- one second in nearly 32 years
- one pinch of salt in 10 tons of potato chips
© 22019 | Sundine Enterprises, Inc.
1 part per ten thousand =
- one drop of water diluted into half a liter
- nine seconds out of one day
1 part per quadrillion (ppq) =
- 1 drop of water diluted into a cube of water measuring approximately 368 meters on a side (fifty million cubic meters, which is a cube about as tall as the Empire State Building's 102 stories)
- two and a half minutes out of 4.5 billion years